What's on TV tonight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jack, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Jack

Jack Fearless Leader Staff Member

I'll probably be compelled to watch it one way or the other. It can't be any worse than Enterprise after all.:)

My biggest concern is that they're going to make it so PC I won't be able to stand it. I'm foreseeing inter-species homosexual relationships and transsexual aliens with gender disphoria, who will of course be magically reassigned fully functional bodies of the opposite sex by Starfleet's crack medical system.:confused:

2. Viper53

Viper53 Pawpaw Staff Member

I just finished season 1 of The Wire. I think it lived up to its hype.

Makes Baltimore look pretty bad.

3. Viper53

When I lived in Rush Springs, Star Trek reruns were on 3 different stations in the afternoon.

I think I watched them alll.

I also watched TekWars.

4. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Playing Pinochle

One of the crew members is supposed to be gay. If they could must leave it at that, I could deal with it, but I somehow doubt that they can. Personally, I don't give a flip if someone is gay, but I just don't want to know about (or see) it.

Viper53 likes this.
  5. Jack

Considering how risque the previous series were for their respective eras I highly doubt that they can, but maybe we'll get lucky and it won't be so bad. All I ask is that I don't have to watch dudes making out or wearing dresses.

6. Viper53

I agree. Most of the time sex scenes don't add to a show for me. No matter what the sex is.

SoonerP226 likes this.
  7. Viper53

Hap and Leonard on the Sundance channel is pretty good.

Fargo is out there as usual, but I like it.

Fear The Walking Dead may be getting better.

And I have been binge watching Blue's Clues.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Jack likes this.
  8. SoonerP226

At the moment, Svengoolie is on the tube. They're featuring one of the old Mummy movies tonight.

9. Viper53

Wynonna Earp on SYFY

I need a thumbs down on this.

10. SoonerP226

Columbo Likes the Nightlife is on now. The female lead is Jennifer Sky; when I looked her up in IMDB, it led to Cleopatra 2525, which was apparently a TV series. The description says that an exotic dancer is cryogenically frozen in 2001 and accidentally awakened in 2525 by a couple of female warriors. One of the other actresses in that show is Gina Torres (Zoe of Firefly), so I might have to see if I can find that one somewhere. It sounds like one of those series that could either be a hoot or a complete stinker...

11. Viper53

Gina Torres has been in a lot of stuff.
    I was glad they came back and made Serenity after they canceled Firefly.

12. Jack

I used to watch Firefly when I was a kid. I mostly had a crush on Kaylee, but the show wasn't bad in and of itself either. Never heard of Serenity before. Is it a spinoff?

13. Viper53

It was a full length movie they made after the series was canceled. It had the same cast and plot line. I liked it.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/

14. Mac

Mac Shootist

We watched it several years ago. Kinda cheesy/corny, but I'd probably watch it again.

We had a movie marathon yesterday: Ocean's Eleven, Roadhouse, and Double Team... :D

15. Viper53

Strike Back season two.
    They added Rhona Mitra.

16. Viper53

I watched Claws. I'm not sure I'll watch anymore.

17. Jack

I haven't seen that one. What channel is it on?

18. Viper53

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  19. Jack

20. Mac

Mac Shootist

Boxing on FOX... now. :cheers: