What sort of blade does everyone carry?

Discussion in 'Edged Weapons' started by Erud, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Erud

Erud Greenhorn

I've gone through a bunch, trying to find the right one. I had a ZT 0350 for a few years that I really liked a lot. I had to do some emergency impromptu trailer wiring repair on the side of the freeway last summer, and I inadvertently left it on the tailgate after I was done. :banghead: Wanting to make sure I got it right, I spent weeks researching before I decided on a replacement. I ended up going with the Emerson Sheepdog. After having it now for 6 months or so, I think I can say that this is the finest knife I have ever owned. The chisel grind that Emerson uses is great compromise between sharpness and edge retention. The liner lock took some time to smooth out to get rid of the "stickiness" that new Emerson's are known for, but it is like butter now. It is the first Flipper that Emerson has made, and it is excellent. With the Wave feature, it is faster to deploy from a pocket than even an auto. If I end up losing this one, I will replace it with another just like it.

Oh, and of course I have had a Victorinox Tinker in my front left pocket everyday since I was 15 or so...

2. Jack

Jack Fearless Leader Staff Member

3. DDriller

DDriller Moderator Staff Member

I've carried a Benchmade mini griptillian for the last 10 years.

4. Erud

Erud Greenhorn

I've never seen that particular CRKT before, looks like a solid choice.

And of course you can never go wrong with a Benchmade!

5. Mac

Mac Shootist

I keep a Puma 4 1/4" lockblade (circa 1980-ish) in one of my shoulder holster mag pouches. I filed the tang that holds it closed to make it easy-open when I first got it (as I do most folding knives).

Otherwise, I have a no-name (lol, other than "Stainless Pakistan") 3 1/8" lockblade with a brass frame and wood (teak perhaps?) riveted insets from approx the same era. No big deal if it gets lost or abused, though it is a fairly well made knife.
    :beer:

6. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Keyboard Operator

I kinda like that ...

7. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Keyboard Operator Armed Forces Law Enforcement

Benchmade 9555.

8. RPZ

RPZ Keyboard Operator

I like the Kershaw OSO Sweet. Opens fast, large enough for most everyday things - like opening mail parcels, cutting cheese etc. I have carried a Spyderco Delica, and the serrated Rescue model. When the new Texas knife law goes into effect I am thinking of a 5.5" Chris Reeves Green Beret for casual wear though with a Victorinox Soldier in a pocket.

9. BadKarmaMiB

BadKarmaMiB Keyboard Operator

When I turned 12, my parents gave me a Victorinox Huntsman. About 15 years ago, I switched to a Gerber multitool. 4 years ago, my wife gave me a SOG Flash2, which I have been carrying ever since.