Thought of the day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Viper53, Apr 20, 2017.

1. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Playing Pinochle

Unless you're talking steaks...

2. Viper53

Viper53 Pawpaw Staff Member

Then well done should be a minimum requirement.

3. Mac

Mac Shootist

"People who have what they want are fond of telling people who haven't what they want that they really don't want it."

~ Ogden Nash

4. Viper53

"Advertising may be described as the science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it."-Stephen Leacock

5. Viper53

“Let the American youth never forget, that they possess a noble inheritance, bought by the toils, and sufferings, and blood of their ancestors; and capacity, if wisely improved, and faithfully guarded, of transmitting to their latest posterity all the substantial blessings of life, the peaceful enjoyment of liberty, property, religion, and independence.” —Joseph Story (1833)

Mac likes this.
  6. Viper53

"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." - Aristotle

7. Viper53

"When we are unhurried and wise, we perceive that only great and worthy things have any permanent and absolute existence, that petty fears and petty pleasures are but the shadow of the reality." - Henry David Thoreau

8. Mac

Mac Shootist

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch!"

~ W.C. Fields

Viper53 likes this.
  9. Viper53

"You clench your teeth. You look up. You tell yourself that if they see you cry, it will hurt them, and you will be nothing but A Sadness in their lives, and you must not become a mere sadness, so you will not cry, and you say all of this to yourself while looking up at the ceiling, and then you swallow even though your throat does not want to close and you look at the person who loves you and smile." - John Green

10. Viper53

"I don't want to sound Pollyannaish, but I hope that out of a tragedy like this something good will come. I hope we understand we're one family." - Madeleine Albright

11. Viper53

"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it." - Malcolm X

12. Viper53

Beware of the young doctor and the old barber." - Benjamin Franklin

13. Viper53

"Better be wise by the misfortunes of others than by your own." - Aesop

14. Viper53

"A little learning is a dangerous thing but a lot of ignorance is just as bad." - Bob Edwards

15. Viper53

"I looked always outside of myself to see what I could make the world give me instead of looking within myself to see what was there." - Belle Livingstone

16. Mac

Mac Shootist

"All progress is based upon a universal innate desire of every organism to live beyond its means."

~ Samuel Butler ~ :cheers:

17. Viper53

"There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer; no disease that enough love will not heal; no door that enough love will not open." - Emmet Fox

18. Viper53

"Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for." - Dag Hammarskjold

19. Viper53

"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates

Mac likes this.
  20. Viper53

"To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment." - Jane Austen