Thought of the day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Viper53, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Viper53

Viper53 Pawpaw Staff Member

"Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to speak it to?"-Clarence Darrow

2. Viper53

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
    George Bernard Shaw

BadKarmaMiB and KENT mongold like this.
  3. Viper53

"First weigh the considerations, then take the risks."-Helmuth von Moltke

4. Mac

Mac Shootist

"Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation, for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."

~ George Washington :cheers:

5. Viper53

"Whenever it is in any way possible, every boy and girl should choose as his life work some occupation which he should like to do anyhow, even if he did not need the money."-William Lyon Phelps

6. Viper53

"Life is a reciprocal exchange. To move forward, you have to give back."-Oprah Winfrey

7. Viper53

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"-Dr. Robert Schuller

8. Viper53

"To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it."-G. K. Chesterton

Mac likes this.
  9. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Playing Pinochle

10. SoonerP226

The white man made me a lot of promises, and they kept only one. They promised to take my land, and they took it.
    -- Maȟpíya Lúta (Red Cloud)

11. Viper53

"I'd rather look ridiculous when everybody else does than plain and sensible all by myself."-L. M. Montgomery

12. Viper53

"The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it."-Dudley Moore

13. Viper53

"History is indeed little more than the register of the crimes, follies and misfortunes of mankind."-Edward Gibbon

BadKarmaMiB likes this.
  14. Viper53

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right."-Isaac Asimov

15. SoonerP226

I'm not crazy! I have money--that makes me eccentric!
    -- Buddy Ryan, Night Court

16. Viper53

"Anger is the feeling that makes your mouth work faster than your mind."-Evan Esar

17. Viper53

"We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents."-Eric Hoffer

18. Viper53

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."-Mark Twain

19. SoonerP226

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
    -- Richard P. Feynman, Report of the PRESIDENTIAL COMMISSION on the Space Shuttle Challenger Accident, Volume 2: Appendix F - Personal Observations on Reliability of Shuttle

20. Viper53

"Well done is better than well said."-Benjamin Franklin