Thought of the day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Viper53, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Mac

Mac Shootist

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."

~ Proverbs 17:22

2. Viper53

Viper53 Pawpaw Staff Member

"Exercise is medicine. Literally. Just like a pill, it reliably changes brain function by altering the activity of key brain chemicals and hormones." - Stephen S. Ilardi PhD

3. Mac

Mac Shootist

"Use your health, even to the point of wearing it out. That is what it is for. Spend all you have before you die; and do not outlive yourself."

~ George Bernard Shaw

4. Viper53

"Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't." - Pete Seeger

5. Mac

Mac Shootist

"I prefer the errors of enthusiasm to the indifference of wisdom."

~ Anatole France :D

6. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Poster of God's Beauty Armed Forces

You know, I have to feel that the wife and I are blessed beyond measure. She has a Farcebook account to keep up with the family, especially the grandkids, and on Farcebook, she keeps seeing family members that are much younger than us complaining about the need for knee or hip surgery. We don't have those issues, even at our age.

Of course, I attribute a lot of my blessings in that I was anemic as a child and could never play any sports other than Little League baseball. Thus, I don't have a lot of joint damage.

Mac likes this.
  7. Viper53

"Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon." - Susan Ertz

Mac likes this.
  8. Viper53

"Though the vicious can sometimes pour affliction upon the good, their power is transient and their punishment certain; and that innocence, though oppressed by injustice, shall, supported by patience, finally triumph over misfortune!" - Ann Radcliffe

9. Viper53

"Do not be awe struck by other people and try to copy them. Nobody can be you as efficiently as you can." - Norman Vincent Peale

10. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Playing Pinochle

Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman--then, be Batman.
    -- unknown

Mac likes this.
  11. SoonerP226

History doesn't repeat itself, historians merely repeat each other.
    -- Unknown

12. Viper53

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way."-Josh Billings

13. Mac

Mac Shootist

"Whoever tells the truth is chased out of nine villages."

~ Turkish proverb

14. Viper53

"If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend."-Abraham Lincoln

15. Mac

Mac Shootist

"Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training."

~ Anna Freud

16. Viper53

"It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear."-Douglas Adams

That guy may need to be drug tested.

Mac likes this.
  17. Viper53

"Adventure is just bad planning."-Roald Amundsen

18. Viper53

"I have only one superstition. I touch all the bases when I hit a home run."-Babe Ruth

19. SoonerP226

Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.
    -- Rick Warren

20. Mac

Mac Shootist

"Give a small boy a hammer and he will find that everything he encounters needs pounding."

~ Abraham Kaplan

KENT mongold likes this.