Seen any good movies lately?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jack, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Jack

Jack Fearless Leader Staff Member

First tell us a few of your favorite movies of all time, then tell us if you've seen any really good ones lately.

Favorite movie of all time is probably "The President's Analyst," best movies I've seen lately were "Hunt for the Wilderpeople," "Stalingrad," "9th Company," and "Siege of Jadotville."

9th Company you can actually watch on Youtube (I guess Russian copyright laws don't mean a thing to youtube lol):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8e0ijy1n04

2. RickN

RickN God of brass.

To many movies to name a favorite but I am a zombie, sci fi, cheesy horror flick buff. One of my favorites has to be the 1986 movie House. The trailer and start of the movie looks like it is going to be a classic horror flick but about half way thru when the music changes to old rock it starts getting funny. Oh and you can watch the whole thing on U-tube too. Here is the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWcZTEo3jmw

3. Mac

Mac Shootist

Yeah, it's hard to pick a single favorite (lol, apparently I have the same problem with books). There are several I really like (including most of their sequels), along with a few cheesy ones. :smile:

ACTION:
    Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, Mission Impossible, The Bourne Identity, Eraser, The Italian Job, Sahara, The Punisher

WESTERN (that era or earlier):
    Quigley Down Under, Big Jake, The War Wagon, The Ghost And The Darkness, The Count of Monte Cristo

SCI-FI/FANTASY:
    StarGate, Jurassic Park, MIB, Independance Day, The Fifth Element, Avatar, Terminator, Starship Troopers, Total Recall, Soldier, Batman Begins

MISC COMEDY/CHICK-FLICS/INTRIGUE/ETC:
    Snow Dogs, The In-Laws, Tequila Sunrise, The Whole Nine Yards, The Thomas Crown Affair, Kate & Leopold, What Women Want, The Pelican Brief, The Manchurian Candidate

Meh, I'll just stop since I'm well beyond the "few of your favorite movies of all time."
    :shifty:

4. Viper53

Viper53 Pawpaw Staff Member

Hell or High Water
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582782/

I would give this a 7, I thought it was pretty good.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xhcDawUIm8[/bbvideo]

5. Viper53

6. Jack

That one was pretty good, although I think it presented a pretty dismal view of the American Southwest. I think maybe that's how liberals in New York imagine the Southwest, which is sad. I've done pretty extensive traveling all over the Southwest and I've always found the people, especially in small towns, to be friendly, upbeat types. In contrast, I've spent some time in major cities, and some of the people can be very negative and unfriendly.

7. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Keyboard Operator

I can't remember the last movie I actually sat all the way through. ADHD ... and a husband who finds it IMPOSSIBLE to NOT talk during the movie ... #the struggle is real ... :doh:

:rolling:

8. Jack

I'm pretty ADD as well. I hardly ever go to the movies because I have trouble sitting still for that long, so I much prefer renting movies and watching them at home. It helps to do something while you're watching the movie. Something you can do with your hands that doesn't take too much attention, like sorting brass or knitting. :thumbs:

9. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Poster of God's Beauty Armed Forces

To start with, I'm not really attracted to the movies. I'd rather sit down and watch some old John Wayne or war and western movies than go out to a theater. I think one of the last ones I saw in the theater was one of the Star Wars sequels and The Passion of the Christ.

I'm not anywhere near ADHD or ADD. I'd define my "theater issue" with BLAD, as in bladder needs.

10. Viper53

I haven't been to a theater in a long time.

11. DDriller

DDriller Moderator Staff Member

Deep Water Horizon was pretty good. A few things a not realistic (for us oilies) but overall a good movie. Wifey told me after seeing it I was never going offshore to work again.

12. Mac

Mac Shootist

Jaws. The original... :shifty:

13. BadgeBunny

This is one I would like to see but I'll wait until I can snag it for $5.99 on satellite tv ...

14. DDriller

DDriller Moderator Staff Member

I'll buy it when it comes out also. Definitely need to see it more than once. Too much action to catch it all in one viewing.

15. Jack

It was pretty freaking amazing. And it is on demand, BTW. And probably at the video store, too. May be a few months before Red Box gets it though, not sure...

16. BadgeBunny

Oh, ha! See how much attention I pay to movies?? I'm sitting here watching the fights right now. I'll have to catch it next time I'm not happy with the viewing pleasure the satellite company has in store for me. Thanks!

17. Jack

I usually wait for redbox. It pains me giving 6 bucks to the cable company when it should be cheaper than the video store. Oh well, I guess their greed keeps the video store in business.

18. BadgeBunny

Yep. I usually rent maybe 3 movies a year. I LOATHE leaving the house (and am a little bit of a homophobe) so Red Box isn't really an option ... :whistle:

19. Jack

Please don't tell me redbox is gay now???

20. BadgeBunny

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Damned autocorrect ... :taptap: