Hello from Wyoming

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Capt. Mid Night, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Capt. Mid Night

Capt. Mid Night Greenhorn

Just signed on . I live in S.W. Wyoming. Life long shooter, collector and relaoder. Living in the Big Game hunting area I have also been a hunter. Love Gordon Setter bird dogs.

2. Jack

Jack Fearless Leader Staff Member

3. Mac

Mac Shootist

'Allo mate... err... hi and welcome. :beer:

4. Viper53

Viper53 Pawpaw Staff Member

Excellent. Welcome.

Post a bunch.

5. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Keyboard Operator

:wave:

Yes, please post!! :thumbs:

6. BadgeBunny

Oh ... And I haven't heard anyone mention Gordon Setters since my childhood. Beautiful SMART dogs ...

7. Capt. Mid Night

Badgebunny never praise a bird hunter's any thing. They generally lie, own an over priced shotgun an expensive dog, an old truck and drink copious amounts of Ky. Whiskey. :lol: They will bore you to tears with some wild yarns.
    So here we go. The Celtic Tribes roamed the Scottish High Lands for centuries . When the Romans first arrived in 55 BC they encountered these fierce warriors. The Romans reported that these tribes were always accompanied by type of hunting dog. These were later called High Land Spaniels.
    The Scotts prized the Highlanders for herding and hunting. They are incredible watch dogs. Many Red Coats lost their live trying to shut down the Scotch Whisky stills. The "Bark" of the Highlander was the last sound they ever heard.
    Gordon Alexander leader of the elite Scottish Military Unit would name them. He made the Highlander his castle dogs. Daniel Webster brought the first Gordons to America in the 1800s. They remain popular through out the high mountain ares of the world.
    My favored breeder is Springset.

http://www.springset.com/

8. BadgeBunny

Hahaha! My good sir, I was my father's first child ... and so his first son ... lol ... we were bird hunting fools. If it flew, it was fair game.

:lol:

I haven't been bird hunting in YEARS. I'm a GSD gal through and through now. Have my 8th one in about 20 years. Great dogs. Can't hunt worth **** but will catch a wayward chicken and bring it to me forthwith though! :rolling:

9. Jack

That's why she can't live within 300 yards of an airport by court order. :whistle:

10. Capt. Mid Night

Gees! Girl, a lady that knows a Crow from a Quail and has her own shotgun. I bet you can drive a straight shift and pump your own gas. My daughter was an avid hunter had a 7X57 and could track and elk over hard rock.
    She married a fellow from Dallas that could not load a single barrel shotgun. She became a Big city gal. BUT ! I now have a Grandson that follows his Grandpa. :clap:

11. BadgeBunny

OMG, YES!! Worked plenty of cattle and bucked my hay than I care to admit, too!

And I married a city boy, too. He pales every time I dress out a chicken or a rabbit ... hahaha! First time he saw me wring a chicken's neck (little wench kept flying over the fence and getting in the neighbor's yard :taptap: ) he didn't say anything for about 20 minutes. And then all he said was "Remind me not to piss you off that bad next time we argue!" :rolling:

I'll be stuck in town now until I die (or win the lottery ;-) ) but it's all good. Life's journey has been a strange trip for me so far ... mostly due to my own stubbornness ... :whistle: :shifty:

12. Capt. Mid Night

I just love your post. It is too bad so many rural folks have to become Urban to survive. I was able to remain in the most rural state in the Nation. I had to work in many Cities over the years. But come Friday I always returned to the Bear River Valley. :smile:

13. Jack

My dream is to one day own enough property to where I can't see my neighbors even if I had the hubble telescope mounted on my roof. Or hear them either!!! :lol:

14. BadgeBunny

Thanks!! I know what you mean. I moved to the City to give my boys better educational opportunities than they had where we were. I don't regret that sacrifice but I would give anything if I could convince the Old JBT to move farther out.

Who knows?? It might still happen. He used to tell me he'd like to move to Montana and get away from people back when he was still with the department. Maybe after my surgery and rehab I can go back to work on him ... :wink: Right now it's kinda hard to sell country life to a city boy when you can't dig a post hole, carry a bag of grain or a bale of hay, or reliably take care for what few critters we have, which are NOT that much trouble. (2 dogs, 2 cats and 7 chickens ...).

Besides, it wouldn't be fair to him to expect him to understand how to do things what he has no clue to do. It will definitely fall to me to do the "heavy lifting" and I wouldn't mind it one bit. Long as he'd help me with the things you need more than 2 hands for. Rest of the time he could just play around at the local sheriff's office for all I care ... lol :lol:

15. BadgeBunny

Wouldn't that be SO COOL!! You don't realize how much of the night sky you can't see in town until you go out where there aren't street lights and houses and all this stuff.

What I miss the most is the quiet. I LOVE being out in the middle of nowhere. It's SO peaceful.

16. Capt. Mid Night

Wyoming is a big place. It is 98,000 square miles populated by 500,000 people. Most of them live in a few small sacttered cities and towns. Our population has dropped over the past 8 years. Obama's policy on drilling and minning on public lands. Most of the land is public lands.

17. Viper53

Viper53 Pawpaw Staff Member

There is an observatory at Alpine Tx. That's close to where I worked in the Permian/Delaware Basins. We actually hauled an astronomer around a couple of nights doing a light audit at the company's operations.

He had some photographs of the area at night from orbit, the first was almost completely back from when the observatory was built, to now when there are tons of lights.

Having lights aimed at the sky is actually a citable offense.

18. Capt. Mid Night

The Mercury vapor lights scattered across the American prairies is a sin against mankind.

19. Jack

You know, I have two dream locations to relocate to. Either around the White Rock NM area outside of Santa Fe, or Centennial WY. I would like to live in CO but it's been overrun by stoned libtards so SW Wyoming looks like my best bet. NM will probably win out because I don't really like the cold that much.

20. Capt. Mid Night

The New Mexico politics and their contradictory gun laws and mystic hunting seasons do not appeal to me . New Mexico is Colorado "Light" politically. :shocked: