Current events thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Viper53, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Jack

Jack Fearless Leader Staff Member

I can tell you they're missing a few names though. Soros and Obama.:biggrin:

2. Viper53

Viper53 Pawpaw Staff Member

If the inference is accurate, it would be interesting to compare this to a list of NEA members.

The nea is the teachers union isn't it?

3. Viper53

4. Viper53

5. Jack

So they're confiscating surf boards too???

This is fully absurd. They're only looking at 4-8'' of rain and 60 mph gusts. I would be in my backyard right now with a shovel while my kids were slathering my guns in cosmoline. That little Hitler wouldn't get them without having to work for it.

6. Mac

Mac Shootist

Uh... you might want to check the weather. Irma is a cat 5 hurricane with sustained winds of 185mph, and is pretty much headed right for 'em...

7. Viper53

I would have thought the U. S. Virgin Islands were protect by the Constitution. But by the time anyone does anything the whole deal will be over. The next question is, "Will the firearms be returned to their rightful owners?"

8. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Playing Pinochle

If the good people of New Orleans weren't protected by the Constitutional guarantees against unlawful search and seizure, why would peeps in a territory be?

9. Jack

I don't believe the Constitution applies to US territories. They also passed a law after Katrina making it illegal to confiscate firearms during an emergency, and I don't think that would apply either.

Still, though, it's obvious that this is something they've been planning for quite some time. I imagine the governor is doing it at the behest of someone in Washington in exchange for political favors, probably in the form of a spending bill for the US Virgin Islands. I can just imagine some demon in Washington sitting there watching the weather channel with their fingers crossed, hoping the hurricane went for the virgin islands so they could try their little political experiment. The NRA put the kibosh on it during Katrina, so here's their second chance.

It's interesting that they're going at it from the angle of appropriation as opposed to confiscation, as if the NG could really ever need to appropriate civilian firearms. And even if they did, they wouldn't go randomly knocking on doors. They would go to sporting goods stores so as to get everyone the same rifle with the same ammunition, then having everyone sight in all at once. Can you even begin to imagine an NG unit wandering around with a hodgepodge of guns they confiscated from civilians? Talk about a cluster&^$*.:facepalm:

10. Viper53

11. Viper53

12. Viper53

13. Viper53

14. Viper53

15. Viper53